Driving back to Aguadilla and Mayaguez airports is a relative straight shot. Just reverse
the instructions to get from the airport to the apartment.
The route to the San Juan Airport, it is very simple.
However, if your are driving it for the first time could be a bit confusing. Here are the instructions to get back to
the San Juan Airport. We will take the west / north route:
1. From the apartment, get back to Road 100.
2. Take Carr. 2 Norte
(north), to Mayaguez
3. Stay on Carr 2. You will be driving along the
West and North coast of Puerto Rico. The road will change its name: first Carr 2 Norte (north), then Carr 2 Este (east).
You probably will be driving for 50 miles or so.
4. You will get to the town of Hatillo. You will see
SAM's Club to your right. The plan is to take the Expressway (22) back to San Juan. The exit will read "
22 Este / Lares - Utuado - San Juan". This is the road with tolls.
5. Stay on 22
Este. You will drive aprox. 55-60 miles.
6. Once in San Juan, stay on "22 Este /
Ponce - Carolina - San Juan". You will also see the airport symbol.
7. Stay on the left
lanes. The expressway will split in a "Y". Stay on the left to "Norte 22 / San Juan - Hato
Rey - Carolina".
8. Follow the sign to "26 Este / Tunel - Carolina - Aeropuerto -
9. Go thru the tunnel. Stay on the right lanes. You will follow "26
10. At the end of the tunnel, take the exit to the right to "26 Este / Fajardo
- Carolina - Aeropuerto"
11. Follow the signs to the airport. Aeropuerto = airport.
12. Go to "17 Aeropuerto" - take the next exit to the right to get to the airport.