1. Turn LEFT to the main road in front of the airport.
2. Drive one mile
to the first stop sign.
3. Turn LEFT to Ave. Borinquen
3.3 miles on Ave. Borinquen / Sur 107. You will be driving in thru the town of Aguadilla. If you are
bored, you can count the traffic lights, you will count 7 (including 2 blinking ones)
5. At the intersection
with State Road #2, follow the directions to Mayaguez. Stay on the right side towards OESTE
2 which will take you to Mayaguez.
6. OESTE 2 will change name to SUR 2.
It is the same road.
7. Drive 23 miles on SUR 2. You will be driving along the west
coast of Puerto Rico. Stay on the main road of SUR 2. When you get to 'Home Depot', you are in Mayaguez. You still
have about 30 minutes more of driving. In Mayaguez you will see the University of Puerto Rico, Mayaguez Campus and the
exits to downtown Mayaguez, stay on the left lanes to avoid confusion near the downtown exits. You will also drive past
the Mayaguez Regional Medical Center and Mayaguez Mall. After the hospital, you can stay on the right lane.
8. The Mayaguez Mall is on your left. It does not have a sign indicating that is a Mall. You will see
Sears, Ponderosa, Burger King and to the right, you will see Popeye's, other fast food restaurants and Walgreen's. After
Mayaguez Mall, stay on the right lane and take State Rd 100 to Cabo Rojo
9. Drive 9 miles (aprox. 12 minutes) on Rd 100 sur, until the end of the road where you will find a "T"
10. Turn LEFT towards Combate / 101 este
11. Follow the signs to Combate.
At this point the road is still 100 sur, but soon will change names to 301
12. The point
where 100 changes to 301 is a fork. Stay towards the right, following the signs to Combate.
13. Drive aproximately 5 miles, of rural Cabo Rojo. Enjoy the countryside and stay on 301.
14. You will get to a sharp left turn on 301. At this point you will see a school with a basketball court
in front of you, a gas station to the right and a large apartment complex to the left. At the school, make the sharp
15. Drive 0.3 miles
16. Turn RIGHT
17. Drive approximately 1 mile. Camino del Mar will be to your right on 'Tamarindo'
street. You will probably see the 'Camino del Mar' entry before you notice the street name.
...want to go
to the beach? keep driving on 3301 for 0.2 miles and you are there!!